Who can join us as an intern?
Young students from all over the world can apply for internship at Paryavaran Mitra.
Paryavaran Mitra offers flexibility in working hours and the duration of internship which may vary by a mutually decided timeframe so that they can keep balance with their studies.
How to apply?
Students interested in internship can mail us their CV along with a college permission letter at email@example.com.
From the Intern’s Desk:
Christ University, Bangalore
1 st Year, M.A. in Media and Communication Studies
Internship Duration: 1 month (10 th April 2017 to 10 th May, 2017)
The best part about working for this organisation, even if it was just a month,showed me several good traits aboutParyavaran Mitra. One was that they used the skills and talents of the interns and volunteers based on your study background and your majors. Being a Media and Communication student, my best trait was Reporting and Documentation, along with a few creative deas wherever needed and I must say I never had a single chance to complain about any situation. I was welcomed as an equal, made beautiful relations with the members and each taught me so much about their work in hand.
Paryavaran Mitra provides opportunity to students around the world to put into practice and deepen their theoretical knowledge that they have learn in classrooms. We also offer chance to know more about various developmental perspectives related to environment through in-depth orientations, hands on experience of research, training and advocacy.
We have been providing internship since 15 years and have been instrumental in giving internship to around 143 students in last 10 years from 23 Universities and over 5 countries. Students from various faculties like environmental science, environmental engineering, law, journalism, social work, management etc have done internship with us and were able to undertake an experiential learning related to their course as well as interest area.
Benefit for student from Internship Program:
Students are seeking opportunities that stimulate their interests and provide real‐world experiences. Students will be benefited from internship program in following ways:
- Personal development and explore career possibilities as they will be given broad exposure
- Our work can complement their academic programs and/or career interests.
- It will provide them industry relevance and real life experience.
- It will also enable interns to establish a profession network.
Resources provided to intern:
- Supervisor: During the internship program at least one person serving as a supervisor to the student will be there throughout the entire experience. The person will be professional in the field of environment. The supervisor’s role will be to help acclimate the student to the organization, assign projects and responsibilities, and to answer the student’s questions related to the project assigned. Supervisors will engage intern in a variety of activities and projects, learning experiences, and networking events while providing mentorship and feedback throughout the experience. A sufficient guidance and supervision will be provided through the duration of the internship.
- Mentor: A mentor will assist with transition into this new learning environment. This is done by discussion on general political and socio-environment scenario, answering general questions related to personal and professional growth, and sharing career knowledge leading to networking in the field.
- All the equipments and facilities will be provided by us which are required to support learning objectives/goals. An intern will be provided with a space to work and computer/ printer, software/ hardware etc.
- All the lodging, boarding, and transportation expenses for exposure visit for project- related work or visits will be bear by us.
General scope of work for interns:
- Providing an intern orientation to our organization: As the interns are new to organization and professional world, they will be introduced to activities, environment and objectives of our organization.
- Environment education: As students from different background are invited in our internship program, a basic training on environment and its protection and our work on advocacy will be imparted to them. They will also be given introduction to environmental legislations.
- Students will be taught how to involve, inform, and consult the public/project affected people in the planning, management, and other decision-making activities.
- They will also be given field exposure with our team for learning how to enhance public participation and strengthen public hearing process.
- We will also facilitate students to attend 1-2 environmental public hearing which will be held during the period of Internship program.
- Students will also be encouraged to do analysis in their topic of interest and do research and write articles and reports for our bi-monthly magazine “Paryavaran Mitra”.
- Students will be given chance in monitoring and updating essential specific data required for our advocacy work or any ongoing project.